Champion: New Traiting I'm Trying

Moderator: Officers

Champion: New Traiting I'm Trying

Postby Rimoborn » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:52 pm

Attached is how I'm running right now with my Champ Traiting. I thought it interesting from my old build in that I still run Yellow but skimp on Finesse and Might increases to go deep in red and not only get brutal strikes, increased crit, decreased attack duration but also pick up the cornerstone single target DPS attack Ferocious Strikes. Notice I still have 3 of my 80 points left to spend. Could put it in Might or Finesse or take something else.
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (239.33 KiB) Viewed 1450 times
Rimoborn
Officer

Re: Champion: New Traiting I'm Trying

Postby vicobi » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:07 am

what's the overall effect on morale and damage? Did you have to make a lot of adjustments to your attack rotation? None of my champs are over lvl50 so I don't know much about the attacks and trees.

Wulfrey was looking at his champ's traits and thinking about redoing them. Will direct him to this for ideas.
    Vicobi - 105 Elf Hunter
    Sunstone - 105 Hobbit Burglar
    Amatae - Elf RuneKeeper
    Goledid - Elf Guardian
    Gaethiel - Elf LoreMaster
    Bernia - Beoring
    Dustrier - Elven Champion
    Twidgit - Woman Captain
vicobi
Officer

Postby Rimoborn » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:57 pm

Well the overall effect is more damage and more skill options. I get decrease in attack time and an increase in crits from the red tree. generally it won't affect my AOE skill rotation but sometimes I might want to direct my attack to a single mob and not draw aggro from others. The added strike skills, Brutal Strikes and Ferocious Strikes gives me more options rather than spamming Wild Attack. And if I really want to pour it on in a fight I can add in the two extra strike attacks (assuming there's no AOE action). Heck with this set up I could probably swap out Single Target and AOE swords before I hit the appropriate attack but I'm not really that skilled.

You can have a very good AOE Build by just taking everything in Yellow and whatever is left over you spend where you want in red. I don't like shorting myself on finesse for example. I'm waiting on the game expansion to see if we get more trait points to spend. Then I'll probably totally fill out yellow and see what's left for red.

As for skill rotations, find what works for you. Generally open with Rend to set up a bleed and reduce the armour rating of the mobs. This helps everyone. After that, find your rotation. Keep your Battle frenzy up, use it to immediately finish a long attack and go onto the next attack. Clobber can be used to also immediately cut short animations and deliver all the damage as well. There's a lot to skill rotations.
Rimoborn
Officer

Postby vicobi » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:28 pm

From what I read in the Bullroarer notes, we should be getting three more, I think @ 107, 111 & 115.
    Vicobi - 105 Elf Hunter
    Sunstone - 105 Hobbit Burglar
    Amatae - Elf RuneKeeper
    Goledid - Elf Guardian
    Gaethiel - Elf LoreMaster
    Bernia - Beoring
    Dustrier - Elven Champion
    Twidgit - Woman Captain
vicobi
Officer

Return to General Kin Discussions