Only the creator of an event can confirm attendees.
Confirming event attendees is not absolutely required by the Raid Planner. However it is VERY useful for a few reasons:
- It allows the attendees to see that they are definitely needed, and should be online and available when the event starts.
- It allows the event owner to see how many people have signed up and been confirmed, so it's easy to determine if more are needed.
- It allows everyone who has NOT signed up to see whether your event is full, or if more people may need to join.
- The software automatically creates a cut/paste macro to invite everyone confirmed, so it is easier to be sure everyone that should be involved actually receives an online fellowship invite.
- According to the LOTRO Wiki, the command /raid invite is an alias for the command /invite. So whether you have a small fellowship, or a large Raid planned, the same macro should work for your needs. See Monster_Play_Raid_Leader_(Creep) for more information. Yes it does refer to Monster play, but the command syntax applies anyway.
To confirm attendees for your event:
- In the Raids Today list, Future Raids list, or the Raid Calendar, click on the name of your event. A box with more information will open.
- The default tab selected is the Attendants tab. Asi the event creator, most of the fields shown in the Attendants list are editable. Choose the desired options:
- Character Name (Event creator can not edit this field)
- Status (Event creator can edit this field, but it is recommended that the toon owner do so instead)
- The player is planning to be online and available for this event.
- Not Attending
- The player is unable to attend. Use this in the case of someone signing up, but then finding out that they can not be online, can not be available during the event, etc.
- The player can be online and available after the event starts, and can join while it is already in progress.
- Role (Event creator can edit this field, but it is recommended that the toon owner do so instead)
- The role that this toon will play in the fellowship or raid. If you change this as the event planner, be suire that the toon player is aware that a different role needs to be filled, so they can re-trait accordingly as needed.
- Confirmation (Only the event creator can edit this field)
- This toon has been approved to join the event
- Wait List
- The event is full, but this toon is on a waiting list, in case someone else can not or does not make it.
- This can be thought of as sitting "on the bench". This is a toon that can be called on if those from the approved or waiting list can not or do not make it, but otherwise likely will not be needed.